Saturday, April 18, 2015

Grandma's Miracle

This last summer (2014) was my extended Lewis Family Reunion in Ajo Arizona.  I unfortunately didn't go but really regret it.  My sweet mother put together a photo album of the big event for my Grandma Lewis. My mom called to make sure that my grandma received it.  When they didn't receive it, they figured out that there was a mail theft that was stealing neighbors mail and stole their mail the same time that my mom's package would have arrived.  My grandma prayed and asked other family members to pray that it will be found.  A hiker named Michael Del Grosso was hiking up Hualapai Mountain Road and found the album with the photos scattered everywhere.  He didn't know who they belong to but Google the logos that were on our family shirts to find the owner. He put the pictures in a new album before returning them to my Grandma.  I am so grateful for this kind man who answered my Grandma's prayers.  He didn't have to take the time to find the owner or put them in a new binder but he did and I'll be forever grateful for this man.  Thank you Michael! Here is the article of the story in the newspaper. 

 RYAN ABELLA/Miner
Michael Del Grosso, right, gives Myreel Lewis her photo album Tuesday. Del Grasso found the album lying on the side of the road after a mail thief stole it from Lewis’ mailbox.
 RYAN ABELLA/Miner
Michael Del Grosso, right, gives Myreel Lewis her photo album Tuesday. Del Grasso found the album lying on the side of the road after a mail thief stole it from Lewis’ mailbox.




My mom wrote about the experience in her own words.

Dear Family,

I thought I’d add a few details regarding the newspaper article about Grandma’s miracle in getting the Lewis Reunion Packet I made for her.

Several months ago I sent out my blog post about the Lewis Reunion in Ajo. Grandma asked me to put it in a hard copy so she could have a copy to put in her binder along with others who wrote their account of the Reunion. Our summer was pretty crazy and I didn’t get to it. When I saw her at the Sister’s Retreat she was so sad I hadn’t done it yet. I felt that need to get it done and off to her.

Trying to put it in hard copy was way too hard and after spending hours, I decided to print the pictures and try to line up the copy to go with the photos. It ended up to be quite a project with many hours, but I was happy to do it for Grandma. I was anxious to get it mailed and off to her when it was finally done. I was heading to the temple when Dad said, “I know how much you want to get this mailed. I will take it to the PO today.” Typically, I handle these errands, but Dad was willingly, and took care of it.

When I hadn’t heard from Grandma about the packet, I asked Delon. That is when they pieced together that they had mail theft. I couldn’t understand, why did my packet have to happen on that day? Just one day made such a difference. I was heartsick and so was Grandma. What I didn’t know was that Grandma had asked the Pease’s to join with her that they would have a miracle and that somehow she would get the Reunion Packet. Delon didn’t think there was much hope. 

Heavenly Father heard her, and answered that prayer after it had been in the desert for 9 days. While at the Sister’s Retreat, Grandma tearfully shared that sometimes she looks up to heaven and asks, “Do you know I’m here? Do you hear my prayers?” She wondered as she can’t hear, and her eyesight is fading rapidly, and she doesn’t seem to see changes that she desires so much. We all know that Grandma has great faith. Like her, we all wonder those thoughts at times.

I can’t help but think that it was meant to be that the packet was lost for several reasons. Most of all, as a testimony to Grandma that the Lord dearly loves her and answers her prayers. Also, Dad was able to visit with Michael over the phone at length. Then the Pease’s had him to dinner, and the Sister Missionaries were scheduled that night, too. Grandma said to Michael, “You’re like family now.” The Pease’s and Grandma want to stay in touch with him, and hopefully, someday, he’ll soften toward the church. He was married to an LDS woman at one time who wasn’t active. This story has probably just begun.

"Our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help us as we call upon him for assistance...The Lord is involved in the details of our lives."
Pres. Monson, Oct 2012, Gen. Conf. 

Love to all,
Mom

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...