Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  I love celebrating the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  We really should be celebrating the Atonement and Resurrection everyday but I love that Easter reminds the world of God's loving grace and mercy to us. 

We had many fun Easter events.  This year we had THREE Easter Egg Hunts.  I am ready for them to be done with sugar.

Our Primary held an Easter Egg Hunt at the church building.  Since I am in the Primary Presidency, I was very involved in putting this grand event together.  The kids and I boiled and colored 5 dozen eggs the night before the event.  We held the hunt after the last session of General Conference
Thankfully the weather was nice.  You never know what Oregon weather has in store. We split the Primary up into two groups.  The younger children can hunt and gather in the smaller lawn.  The older Primary kids waited on the side cheering for their younger siblings and other primary kids.  Then it was the older Primary age kids. The Primary President told them that they had to pick up the bags of treats with their mouths and hands behind their backs.  They like the challenged but were glad when the time was up and could pick up the Easter goodies with their hands. 

 Kaeley picked up an Easter Egg goodie and gave it to a boy who didn't noticed it was by his shoe. 



                                                   Cherry Park Primary Children and Families


The week before Easter we had an Easter Egg Hunt with Vance Family and Grandma and Grandpa Lewis.  Cousin Sydney and Julia hid the eggs at the park across the street from their house.  

 The Dads taking some of the goods from the kids' baskets.



Easter Day we celebrated with the Caudle Family and had ANOTHER Easter Egg Hunt.

READY! SET! GO!

CANDY, CANDY AND MORE CANDY

 


Some of the Caudle Cousins and friends






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...