Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


We had a really good Thanksgiving this year. Nothing is better than spending time it with family. We had Thanksgiving with the Caudle family again this year even though we had it with them last year. I did it so I could be on the same schedule as the other in-laws and so everyone can be together. The food was really good. There was turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and veggies. Diane made her famous dozen or so of variety of pies. We played the copying game-a favorite made up game in the Caudle Family. It is hilarious to watch and a great workout for my abs. Later that evening we went to my parents' house for more pies and games. Crismon and his wife, Danielle were in town and it was fun visiting with them. My dad played the game, Life with Clark and Daisy.  Clark loved it so much that he wanted to play twice! Brett read stories to Daisy and Danielle read stories to Kaeley. At first, Kaeley was really shy around Crismon and Danielle but then quickly warmed up to them and would often go up to them for hugs. I used the quiet time while everyone was doing their own thing to shop online and grab some good deals!

The best part of the day was the letter I found on my bed. It was a sweet note written from Clark. In the note he said how much he loves me and likes when I play games with him. Another sweet experience I had with Clark is when I overheard his prayer that evening. I heard him pray for the homeless people to be blessed with food, clothes, money and a place to sleep. He is always looking for the coin boxes at the end of the cashier line to put money in to help the children. Whenever we pass a homeless person which happens a lot in our area he suggests we take them home with us so they can have a place to live. He has such a sweet heart! Can my kids just stay little and sweet forever?!

Another sweet experience I had with Clark happened a few days ago. He couldn't sleep so he came down to where I was sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.  He sat at the kitchen chair and asked me questions about Jesus Christ and why He had to die.  It brought back sweet memories of when I was little and I would ask my parents questions about the gospel and remember them bearing their testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ.  I love talking to Clark and answering his gospel related questions.  The Spirit was really strong in our small and quiet kitchen.  I am grateful the Lord guided me to know what to say to help Clark understand the answers to his questions.

Throughout the month of November, (almost) everyday we added a leaf to the thankful tree of what we are thankful for. I saw on Pinterest all the cute thankful trees but I didn't have the time or supplies to make a cut out tree and leaves so I simple drew it. Ha. But my kids didn't seem to care, they loved the idea and wanted to multiple leaves everyday. I love hearing what they are grateful for such as temples, scriptures, Jesus, Prophet and families. 

I have much to be grateful for! The Lord truly has blessed me. Life is great! 





1 comment:

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

What a sweet, precious post. Clark is so tender and sweet, with such a big heart to bless others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...