Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sibling Love and Christ-like action

Have I mentioned how much Clark LOVES LOVES Angry Birds?  I'm sure you can guess because every picture I have of Clark, he is wearing the one and only Angry Bird shirt.  I made a deal with the kids, if they can be reverent during the Sacrament, I would give them fruit snacks.  This almost always works and they are very good.  This particular Sunday, I had brought Angry Bird fruit snacks to church but only accidentally only brought two instead of three.  I was hoping to distract Kaeley with something else while I gave the other two kids the fruit snacks but she ended up seeing them and really really wanted it.  Clark seeing how much Kaeley wanted the fruit snacks turned around and gave his fruit snacks to Kaeley.  This may have been a small and simple thing but I thought it was so sweet of Clark to give something he really really likes, especially Angry Birds, to someone else.  Kaeley opened the fruit snacks and gave some to Clark.  I love seeing these simple acts of kindness done between siblings.

After a long Saturday of thoroughly cleaning the kids' room, I took them to the store to get a few things for dinner and let them pick out a simple prize for working so hard all day.  Surprisingly, it took Clark a long time to pick out what he wanted but he finally decided to get this crazy straw glasses.  Daisy picked out some snowflakes that sticks to the window. 

The other day, the kids had lots of energy and it was much too cold to send them outside so I decided to go to the indoor playground at McDonalds that was just a few blocks away.  As we were driving, Clark and Daisy saw a homeless man digging through garbage.  They asked why he was doing that, and I told them he had no home, food, or money and he is hungry looking for food to eat. They said, we can buy him a hamburger at McDonalds and bring it to him.  So that is what we did.  After they played for two straight hours in the playground, we went and bought him a hamburger and drink. He was still there when we drove back to where we saw him.  Daisy didn't want to get out of the car but Clark wanted to give him the food.  We added a couple of granola bars that I had in the car.  Good thing we did because there was another homeless person that I didn't see there before.  As we drove away, Clark said, "I feel good inside, I'm glad we gave food to that homeless man".  I hope I can instill into my kids' mind and heart to serve and show love to others especially to those in need. I love the hymn phrase, "Because I have been given much, I too must give".  I want my children to know that they have been given so much and because of that, Christ wants them to give to others.  I know my parents were a great example of serving others and it made a great impact on my life and I hope I can pass that on to my children too. 


1 comment:

Austin and Julia said...

Such sweet stories! And those glasses are about the coolest things ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...