The beginning of October Clark and Daisy had their school open house. Clark's Open House had a dessert potluck and the kids were in heaven will the tables and tables filled with all sorts of desserts. We were running errands before the event so we didn't have time to go home and eat dinner so......as you guess desserts were their dinner. I know, I am such a bad mom. :) Clark is doing great in the first grade. I was worried on how he will adjust to full day school but he is doing fairly well. His teacher is Ms. Truax and she is great teacher. Clark sits by Lily G in class and she is his best friend according to Clark. I am glad he is so happy at his school.

Daisy's school open house was the next day. Daisy loved showing us her classroom and her favorite things to do there. Of course, it was the dramatic play area and the arts/crafts area. She is a lot like me when I was little, always drawing coloring or painting. Her teacher is Ms. Kathy. She is a great teacher too. Daisy is learning Chinese at school because the class is mostly made up of Chinese children and can count to 15 or something like that in Chinese. She is very smart and picks up things fast.

Daisy celebrated her birthday on October 9th. My little Daisy girl is 5 years old! It is true when they say your kids grow up fast because they do! Daisy is a sweet sweet girl. She often makes me cards or pictures that say "I love you Mom". She is my little exercise buddy and joins in on my workouts. Daisy loves to sing and dance. She is the girliest girl you would ever meet. The night before, Daisy picked out pink (of course) cupcakes at the store to share with her classmates the next day. I stayed at Daisy's class for awhile to see them sing happy birthday to Daisy.

We celebrated her birthday at Grandma and Grandpa Lewis' house on Friday. She had her favorite dinner-pizza and I bought her a princess cake from Fred Meyer. She got a cool necklace kit from the Vances and money from G&G. Earlier that day, Clark and Daisy didn't have school so I was brave and took them to OMSI. Everyone else had the same idea so it was pretty crowded but we still had fun. Once again, I am so happy we have a membership there!
Dallin was in town for the weekend and we got to spend some time with him in between his conferences. Too bad he couldn't bring those cute girls of his along with him. We all meet up at the Vance's house for the BYU game and dinner on Saturday. Sydeny and I ran went for a quick one mile run during half time. I glad I have family so close.

My friend April Fort and I decided to do a "babysitting/date swap". Once month we take turns watching each others kids while the other couple goes out on a date. This Friday we watched the Fort kids at our house. Their kids and our kids match up in age so it works out well. I am so grateful I have a good friend that hasn't moved yet. :) Earlier that day, we had salesman from Kirby vacuums come do a demonstration on our carpets. He was here for 3+ hours! I was even really late in taking Daisy to school because of it. I wish I could afford to spend 1400 on a vacuum but who really can? But....I did get my front carpet entrance and stairs vacuumed and cleaned, Daisy's mattress clean and front entrance floor mop.
Kaeley's First Haircut! Her hair....well lets just stay it needed a lot of help! Her uncles would tease her and say she has a mullet or looks like an old man. She hardly has any hair on top and all hair in the back but its "bushy". So finally, I decided to pay the money to get it done. I was worried she wouldn't sit still but she knew exactly what to do and the hair dresser said she was her best customer!
Speaking of getting haircuts.....guess who gave themselves a haircut......AGAIN. :) Oh well, thank goodness hair grows.
So we have so exciting news to share.......no I'm not pregnant, sorry. :) Brett has decided to go back to school to get his teachers license. In order to do that, he has to take this 4 hour test. We got his test scores back and he passed with flying colors. He has to be accepted into the program at PSU and he has done all the paper work for that but we won't find out until April if he is accepted. If he does get accepted he will start next Fall of 2014. It will be a two program so he will finish just as Kaeley starts kindergarten. Maybe then I will be his teacher's aid since I won't have any kids at home anymore. Sad to think my "stay at home mom" days are about over.
While Brett was taking his 4 hour test, the kids and I thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed the car. The kids begged to take the newly inside clean car to the car wash since they have never done that before. The kids have always been my "car wash" in the past so I never needed one. Luckily I found a coupon for a free car wash and off we went. Even though they were really excited to go through one, they were kinda scared too and held on each others hands for support. I love watching their faces as we went through the car wash. The look of terror and excitment at the same time. I wish I took a picture of it. Since they were so good to help clean the car and house I took them to get some pizza. I asked the pizza place if they could make the pizza look like an Angry Bird and they did. It looked awesome and they kids loved it!

On Sunday October 20th, Julia my niece was baptized. It was a special day and I am so glad we got to be part of it. She is such a sweet girl and loves to be happy and make other people happy. Her Grandma Vance and Grandma Lewis both gave the talks and Grandpa Lewis and Brett were the witnesses. Julia invited her school teacher and other non-member friends to come. They all came-what a great missionary she is!

Monday October 21st we went to the hospital to see Allie, Sam (Brett's cousin) and Carrie's newborn baby. She is such a sweet baby and so perfect! I'm so happy for them. They will make great parents. Funny story, I thought they were at a hospital in Gresham so we were pretty much in Gresham looking for this hospital but come to find out they were at a hospital just a mile away from our house! Later than night, for family night we carved pumpkins. Of course, we made an Angry Bird pumpkin, what else would Clark want? :) I tried baking the pumpkin seeds but ended up burning them. Oh well, maybe next year I'll do it right.

Wednesday October 23rd was Octavian's (my nephew) birthday, Exactly two weeks after Daisy's birthday. They are such good buddies. Octavian had his birthday party at the mall where they rode the carousel rides, ate cake and then went back to his house for a fun day of playing. Kaeley was feeling really sick so just Daisy went.
Saturday October 26th was the combined wards Halloween party and our primary was in charge this year. It was a big project and I'm glad it's done with. I was in charge of food so the day before, Diane, my mother in law took me to Costco to get the veggies and other things we needed for the event. The party was a circus theme. There were different booths set up for the kids to play at all with a circus theme like the elphant trunk peanut walk or pin the nose on the clown. The kids had so much fun. The kids then went from classroom to classroom trick 'r treating. While they were doing that, I set up the buffet of veggies and other assortments of foods. Clark dressed up as an Angry Bird, Daisy a bumble bee and Kaeley was a cow. They were all so cute! I felt like the Halloween party was a great success. A lot of kids and their families came.

In the mail for Daisy's birthday she got a small gift card to Toys R' Us. So I took her in on a day she didn't have school to buy her a present. She bought a princess magnet book where you dress up the princesses with different dresses and accessories. We went to the mall that was across the street and just walked the mall for a few hours letting the girls look at whatever they wanted. We stopped at the food courts for lunch and had subway sandwiches but the girls just wanted to eat the chips and lemonade.
October 31st was the day my kids have been waiting for-HALLOWEEN! The kids could hardly sit still to eat their dinner they were too excited. Finally we made our way over the Vance's house where we meet up with them to go around their neighborhood for Trick r' Treating. The kids had a big stash of candy when they were done. I had to sneak and take a few of my favorite pieces. You know, "taxes" they have to pay.
Well, that was October, now on to November!


No comments:
Post a Comment