AUGUST 2013
Zoo day! The kids and I went to the zoo today.
We meet Seth, Tiffany and Grandpa there. The kids loved it!! We walked
around the zoo for about 5 hours. So the kids should sleep good
tonight!!
My phone was having some issues so I took it
into The Apple Store at Pioneer Place Mall and got a NEW IPHONE! The
kids love going up and down the 4 story flight of escalators. After I
got my new phone we went to Starbucks and got some drinks and donuts.
Wasn't too super impress with it but oh we'll it was free with Brett's
gift card. When we got home everyone was good and helped clean the house
for a few hours. The house was in a desperate need of cleaning- a weeks
worth of laundry and house cleaning but we all worked together and got
the job done! Later that night we went over to my parents house finished
cleaning the blueberries while watch Studio C with Vance's and
Seth/Tiff's family. Another fun day with family!!
Wow! What an exhausting day!!
We slept in until 8:30 this morning some didn't wake up until 9:30! We
didn't get home until after midnight from my parents' house the night
before so we were all so tired and needed the extra sleep. Late morning
we arrived at the Vance's house. Tiff, Ondalynn and I ran 3.5 miles. We
ran around a pretty lake. While we ran the dads took the kids to the
park just down the street from where they lived. We ate lunch and then
headed to Beacon Rock State Park. We hiked up to a beautiful waterfall.
It took us about 2 hours to go up and back down. It was a climb and not
child friendly like the reviews said. Clark and Daisy fell about 10x
each. They were excited for the hike at the beginning but the excitement
didn't last very long. The drive home we cross over a bridge called The
Bridge of The Gods to get to the Oregon side. It was a gorgeous scenery
but Brett hated it- he is deathly afraid of heights and it was freaking
him out. After we arrived home, the kids took baths and we ate popcorn
and watched "An American Tail". A perfected ending to a great day. My
feet are sore from the run and hiking but the weather, scenery and
company was great!
After church and lunch I took the kids to the
temple and visitor center where we meet the Vance Family, Seth/Tiff
family, and grandpa. What a better way than to visit the sacred grounds
with your family!
Went bowling for family night. The kids loved it especially Clark. I didn't do so well...I took a bowling class in college and actually got really good but I guess I lost my touch.
Had lunch at Ondalynn's with Uncle Corwin, Aunt Lynette, cousin Laura and her husband Wilford and their beautiful baby.
Our good friend Aaron Bailey took our family pictures. I love my little family! The kids didn't want to take pictures until we were all done and our friend left the park so this a picture of them actually cooperating and looking at the camera. Silly kids!
Half marathon day! I ran the whole 13.1 miles!! I have trained for 8 months for this day. I had the best little cheerleaders cheering me throughout the race course. I never thought I could run 13.1 miles but I gradually increase my mileage every week up until I reach 10 miles which was a week before the race. The race was beautiful! I am happy I ran with my sister Ondalynn. We stayed together up for the first 9-10 miles but by then I was slowly down and she was getting her second wind and went ahead of me. I wanted to give up a lot especially towards the end but I kept on telling myself that I can do it. It helped so much to see my family cheering for me throughout the race. I RAN THE WHOLE WAY in 2 1/2 hours! I think it's okay for me to say that I am proud of myself. I did something I thought I could never do!
OMSI DAY! My kids love this place. I'm trying to go as much as I can before school starts. So grateful my mom and I have an OMSI pass together. My kids love love this place!
No comments:
Post a Comment