Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer 2013

I am sad to see the summer come to an end but I am excited for school to start again and have a more of a routine in my day.  We had a fun, busy and relaxing summer!  We had some really hot days but thanks to the Vance Family and my parents who let us borrow their fans.  So much has happened this summer that I will do a quick overview of everything. 

* Summer Reading Program- I kept the kids busy by reading, reading and more reading so they could earn prizes from the library's summer reading program.  They won free admission and 100 tokens to the local arcade, zoo passes and cheap passes to Oaks Amusement Park.





*Parks and Free Lunches-  Almost everyday we went to one of the local parks and played.  Many parks and schools near by provided free lunches and we definitely took advantage of that offer.  Sometimes we meet up with friends and played with them.  Our favorite parks were the ones that had a splash pad.  We went to those parks when it was really hot!
  



*Fourth of July-  That morning we went to our ward's breakfast and flag ceremony.  We bought some yummy treats and 4th of July table decorations from the YW who were earning money for Girls Camp.  Afterwards, we drove to Estacade High School where we met my parens and the Vance Family.  My mom was being honored in the parade because she was Mother of The Year for the state of Oregon.  All the grandkids piled in the back of the pickup truck with my mom, while my dad drove, and the adults walked along the side of the truck.  After the parade we went back to my parent's house for lunch and then headed over to Ondalynn's house to help her move to their new house.  Later that night, we went over for the annual Caudle/Reck 4th of July street party and enjoyed fireworks.  It was a a VERY LONG LONG DAY but lots of fun!






 Seth/Tiffany Family Visit-  Seth and his family came to visit for a few weeks and my kids had so much fun playing getting to know their cousins they never see.  We went to Imagaination Station park, picked 30lbs of blueberries, "swam" in Grandma and Grandpa's hottub, went to OMSI, the zoo and the Temple. The kids even made a movie!  We celebrated Preston's 8th birthday too.  Seth gave us all IPhone tutorial which was really helpful.  We were so sad to see them go. 





Caudle Family Pictures-  Now that all the Caudle brothers live in the area we took an updated family picture.  We spent some time throughout the summer playing games and dinners with the family.  It is so nice to have all of Brett's family in the area!



1 comment:

Alice-Anne said...

Viv! I guess since you went private, I don't see updates anymore on my blog when you post so I'm sorry I've been behind in catching up with your life. (thanks for posting on FB that you updated your blog!) Wow! What a fun summer you've had. I can't believe how much Daisy looks like YOU. In fact, there was one picture I had to do a double-take b/c it really like a picture of you when we were little. So fun. You're a great mom to look up rainy day activities and keep your kids moving from one place to the next...lot of work, huh? Good for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...