Sunday, September 9, 2012

Clark's First Day of School

Last Tuesday was Clark's first day of Kindergarten at Arthur Academy.  He was so excited!  He seem to know what to do when we got there.  He looked for his name tag at the coat holders and found the desk with his name on it.  After he was settled in his chair he said, "Bye Mom, I love you."  I guess that was my cue for me to leave.  I really think having him go to Head Start everyday during the last school year helped us both transition into "real" school.

I do have to mention the miracle that happened with Clark getting into Arthur Academy.   The neighborhood school we are supposed to attend wasn't a very good school by many reviews of  parents and students who went there. I got on the waiting list for Clark to attend the charter school, Arthur Academy in Feburary/March sometime.  After many months and still haven't heard back I called to see where Clark was on the waiting list and he was number thirty.  I was really hopeful that maybe he would get in.  At the end of the school year I called one more time before school was let out for summer break but his position hadn't' change.  It was two weeks before school was about to start and I still hadn't heard back so I figured all the posistions were full.  We went ahead and bought the school supplies for the neighborhood school.  A few days later I get a call from Arthur Academy asking if we were still interested in coming.  I jumped for joy and cried and said yes yes yes over and over.   I was so relieved. We quickly went to the store and bought the school uniforms that are required at the school and some other supplies.

 A few days later we went and visited the school.  One of the secretary's at the school came up to me and ask if I was Clark's mom. I told her I was and she said. "Oh its so nice to finally meet you.  We've  heard you have been praying to get in here and I am so glad you did!" I had a friend whose daugher attends there and I know she checked on Clark's position often and I think she was able to pull a string or two for us.  While at the school we met Clark's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bates. She tested his reading level while I spoke to the principal. Mrs Bates is really nice and I feel really good about her.  I overhead Clark telling Daisy that his teacher is super duper nice and this was before school had even started.   I am so grateful for this tender mercy from our loving Heavenly Father.  He truly does watch over us and is so aware of our needs.  Because Clark attends Arthur Academy now, Daisy and Kaeley are automatically registered in the school when they become kindergarten age and they don't have to go on a waiting list. 

First Day of School Breakfast.  Waffles is what Clark asked for. 

Clark's first day of kindergarten.  (sorry for the bad lighting)



3 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

What an awesome tender mercy! So glad it all worked out. You really had to have faith and hope to the very last minute! huh!?

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Prayers are answered. We're so grateful that cute little guy is in such a good school. He has a faithful Mom that helped make that happen.

Alice-Anne said...

I am SO happy that this all worked out for you. It sounds like a very good school! I can't believe Clark is in kindergarten!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...