Sunday, September 9, 2012

Summer Fun


I love love summer time! Much more relaxing and not as rush as the school time though during that time it has its perks too.  I love the weather and the fun activites that are out there for the kids and families.

Again here are some of the highlights of our summer:
* I try almost everyday to do some kind of home school with the kids.  Clark will be starting kindergarten this year and I want to help him get a head start as much as possible.  They usually last about 1 1/2 -2 hours but sometimes its just an hour.  I have incorporated some of the lessons I created in college and others from the endless home school blogs out there on the internet.  Thanks to Pinterest!

*After "school" we go to either a park or a local school and get lunch.  There is a lunch program here that serves free lunches to all children ages from 1-18.  The kids like it because they get chocolate milk which is a treat since they hardly ever get it from me.  I like it because I don't have to make lunch or clean in up.  We then either run arund the school track or stay at the park and play for a bit.

* Pool- We love living next to Uncle Miles and Aunt Teresa's house.  They have the coolest backyard ever to kids.  There is a pool with a slide and a fountain, trampoline, tree house, swings, and lots of play apparatus of sorts.  Not to mention bikes and scooters.  No wonder my kids never want to stay home. 

* Cousins-We enjoy playing with cousins.  We are so lucky to live by so many of them.  Caudles, Vances and Williams for the month of July.

*Work-Brett has been working with his dad on the pool business.  It has been doing well.  The hours are not as long as his normal work day during the school year which is nice to see him more.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer!

HOME SCHOOL

Daisy doing
Daisy and Clark working on "play dough words". I printed this work sheet here and they form the play dough to the word.
Daisy and Clark creating marshallow shapes with mini marshmallows and toothpicks.  Idea found here.  Daisy just wanted to eat the marshmallows than actually create something like Clark.

Clark focusing really hard on his marshmallow design. 
Kaeley just smiled and enjoy being part of it all. 
Daisy showing off her "guitar".  Idea from here.

SWIMMING

This is Clark and Daisy's favorite thing to do-swimming!




 

FUN WITH COUSINS  and CREATIVITY PROJECTS

Ruby or Norah (one of my twin nieces) loved sticking her finger in Kaeley's mouth. 
Twin nieces Norah and Ruby and nephew Isaac eagerly waiting to play on my phone. 
Daisy at Ventura Park
Clark mastered the fire pole this summer.  He was hesitate and maybe a little scared to go down for a long time. 

Daisy and Evelynn jumping on the trampoline

=
Christian driving the car in our backyard
Evelynn and Daisy eating dinner
Sydney
Julia
Jack and Kaeley
Clark used recyclable items to make a train.
Spent lots of time playing in Uncle Miles and Aunt Teresa's backyard.  
Daisy and Clark on a treasure hunt with map in hand. 
And the treasure they found!

ZOO!





1 comment:

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

What a fun summer you had and good for you for teaching them each day, too. You're such a good Mom! Loved your pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...