I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I know I sure did. Christmas this year was a joyous but with some sad news as well.
The Tuesday before Christmas Dave (my father in law) went to the hospital because he was having terrible pain down in arms and chest and was having a difficult breathing. They admitting him immediately and scheduled a quadruple bia-pass heart surgery that very Thursday. The doctors said if he had waited any longer he could have had a heart attack. Dave is one of five boys in his family and all his brothers have had mutiple heart attacks in their 20's. Dave has the been the healthiest one and hasn't one or any problems with his heart until now in his 50's.
Because he had surgery the Thursday before Christmas he stayed in the hosptial through Christmas and came home the next Tuesday. The whole immediate Caudle family visited him Christmas eve. We walked down the halls of the hospital singing Christmas carols. All the patients and workers seemed to really enjoy it. We also perform the nativity story there in Dave's hospital room. His room was located right in front of the nurses table and they watched the kids performed. The nurses were all crying. Something about reading the nativity story and singing Christmas carols in that tiny hospital room made it so much more meaningful and special. Before heading to the hospital Stephanie bought paint, heart shape papers and other supplies to make get well cards and decorate Dave's hospital door with hearts.
 |
| Get well signs for Dave |
 |
| Kids decorating his hospital door |
 |
| The kids reenacting the Nativity story |
 |
| Octavian as Jospeh and Daisy as Mary |
Christmas was extra special this year because the Vance family were here to celebrate with us. I love having a sibling near by and so happy they moved here. I am also happy to have my two other college age sisters there too. (love you Julia and Emily!)
Christmas night we did the traditional acting out the nativity. Thanks to Sydney who put it together. Daisy was the prettiest wise woman and Clark was the Joseph/shepherd and Kaeley played the part of baby Jesus. I love watching the children be part of a tradition that I did growing up. The dinner was yummy as usual. I love skyping with some of my siblings and "talking" to them through the web. I love technology!
 |
| Pretty little wisewoman |
Scenes of the Nativity story
 |
| Clark as a shephard/Joseph |
 |
| Daisy showing off her necklace that Grandma made her |
 |
| Giving grandma a hug and thanking her for the necklace |
 |
| Clark and Daisy opening Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandpa |
5 comments:
I'm so glad Brett's dad is ok. That was so scary. That was so cool you got to do all of that with Dave even while he was in the hospital. I bet you guys won't forget that moment!
It was good to visit with you today, Viv. I loved reading about your Christmas Eve visit to the hospital. I bet you brightened many people's Christmas that night.
P.S. I love the look of your blog!
CUTE BLOG DESIGN!
but what was even MORE cute were all those pictures of your cute cute cute kids! :) Wow, i can't believe how fast they are growing up! It was sooo much fun to play with you guys this christmas. Daisy is the cutest little girl ever, with all of her jewelry and playing shepard! so cute! :) And Clark! What a handsome Joseph!
Made me cry thinking about the kids acting out the nativity in the hospital. What a tender thing.
Post a Comment