Sunday, July 17, 2011

Easter 2011-Better Late Than Never :)

What a wonderful Easter we had this year.  While most of the world are celebrating bunnies, eggs and candy I love taking the time to really celebrate what Easter is all about; remembering what the Lord our Savior has done for all of us.  I love this time of year!

The week before Easter I was sweeping and mopping the floor and thinking about Easter coming up.  The plan was to be with my in-laws this year.  Every year they would decorate and do an Easter egg hunt and make a great big meal.  I always felt like something was missing because we didn't talk about the Savior and the meaning of Easter.   I grew up having a program of some sort for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and wanted to keep that tradition in my family.  I brought up the idea to my in-laws and they liked the ideal.  The program was a success.  Trent explained why we celebrate Easter to the younger kids, they sang some Easter songs, and then while they watched an Easter movie, the adults were lead by kirk in a very good discussion about Easter.  Afterwards we brought the kids back and Grandma (Diane) and Grandpa (Dave) shared their feelings of the Savior.  I hope to keep this tradition going every year because I feel its so important to talk about why we celebrate Easter and the meaning. And mostly importantly I want my children to understand and the only way is through teaching them in the home.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  I love our Savior Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is thee only perfect person on earth but yet He suffered all temptations and pains.  He suffered so I wouldn't have to suffer the extent of sinning. He died so I can die and LIVE again.  I am grateful for this knowledge.  Without the gospel I would be lost and lonely but I am HAPPY and FAITHFUL because I know God's plan.

Here are some Easter pics of the kids hunting for egg at Grandma and Grandpa Caudle's house.










1 comment:

Ondalynn said...

Vivienne, it sounded like a great Easter program! Way to go in introducing it. I agree, we should spend more time focusing on the true meaning of Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...