I have been wanting to update my blog for a long time now. I even took pictures specifically to put on my blog but I keep putting it off every Sunday until I realize I have about twelve Sundays left before this baby arrives so I better get it done.
The weather has been getting warmer which was really nice so we can spend a lot of time outside. We spent a few really hot days at Brett's uncle's pool and his parents' trampoline with sprinklers under them. The kids love playing in the water. Clark is now more comfortable in the water and will play with just a life jacket on. Daisy is a little more careful around the water ever since her cousin pushed her in. Luckily, Grandma was near by and saved her even though Daisy gives me the credit. At random times during the day she will mention it. It was pretty traumatic for her and me.
We went to Oaks Park for a family day. There were carnivals, booths, shows, and of course the rides.
We bought a few tickets for each of the kids. Some of the ride attendants were nice and let the kids ride on some of them for free when we ran out of tickets. For FHE my sister in law Stephanie planned a family hike to one of the waterfalls in the gorge. It was beautiful and a good workout. It was an uphill climb for about a mile. Even the kids did the hike and were good troopers.
About a month ago we bough a new bike for Clark. He was getting way too big for his little trike and needed the challenge of a bigger bike with training wheels. He loves it and is doing really well on it. He is still attending a weekly preschool which he enjoys. In the fall he will also begin a head start program to help the transition into kindergarten the following year. He will still be receiving speech therapy there as well. I am so amazed at how Clark is doing in his speech. He is now saying 7-8 word sentences. He loves to "read" the books he is given each week. He really "reads" the pictures in a sentence form. I love it when Clark comes up to me and puts his head on my shoulder and tells me we are best friends. I hope he feels that way in 10 years. :)
Daisy is doing great in potty training. She keeps dry during the night and at nap times. She struggles with #2 but is trying hard so she can win a princess book. Daisy loves to sing and dance around the house. She often puts on her Sunday dress and twirls around the house while saying she is a pretty princess. She is a girl through and through. She runs on her tip toes and says everything with great emotion. I love when she comes up to me and wraps her arms around my neck and says, "Oh mom, you are SO GREAT!"
I am keeping super busy with daycare. I watch a three year old and her 6 month old sister Tuesday through Friday and another three year old Thursday and Friday. So for two days I have 5 kids four years old and under. Its crazy but also nice when the paycheck comes in. Brett is off work this summer because school is out but he is a great help at home. He works with his dad part time on swimming pools and continues working in his music studio. He loves to learn and often reads about new things like automotive engineering, electronics, history and of course music.
CUTE PICS OF MY KIDS
WATERFALL AND HIKE
 |
| At the top of the hike |
 |
| Multnomah Waterfalls (not the one we hiked) |
 |
| Clark and Daisy enjoying the view |
 |
| Caudle Cousins |
|
OAKS PARK
 |
| Riding the carousel at Oaks Park |
 |
| Daisy riding on one of the rides at Oaks Park |
HOT SUMMER DAYS
 |
| Jumping with sprinklers under the tramp at G&G's Caudle |
 |
| Daisy riding the motorize car at G&G Caudle's house |
 |
| Clark swimming at Uncle Miles' pool. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Daisy at the park. One of the many silly faces she has. |
 |
| Clark sliding down the slide |
 |
| Clark with his new bike in our back patio. |
3 comments:
What CUTE kids! Clark looks so proud on his new bike. I love their sweet sayings. Julia told me today, "Mom, I love you more than anything!" Isn't that just the best?!
It was so fun to see you and your cute kids. They seriously say the cutest things!!
Dad and I LOVED reading your update. Even though we're close by, we don't often hear the details. So proud of Clark. We saw his skills when he rode to the park the other night. He's doing so well with his speaking. Daisy has so many CUTE faces!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa L
Post a Comment