Thursday July 1st we got up early to head out to Boise. I wanted to leave by 7am but we didn't get away until 10:30am! We made many stops to have a picnic and let the children run and play.
The first two hours the kids looked at the window and talked about what they saw. They quickly became agitated so I pulled out the DVD player and let them watch a movie. They watched more movies that day then I would ever let them watch on a normal day but that's the one thing that helped them stay happy.
Brett was amazing! He drove all the way to Boise. I offered to drive but he said he gets car sick if doesn't drive. My challenge was to stay awake so I can keep Brett company but sometimes it was difficult because I was so tired from packing and cleaning the night before.
We finally arrived at the hotel in Boise Idaho. I made sure the hotel had a swimming pool and a breakfast in the morning. As soon as we got our bags in our room we headed to the swimming pool. We had the pool and spa to ourselves. The kids were so happy to be out the car and swimming which is one of the favorite things.
The rest of the night was relaxing and eating. The kids didn't sleep well that night and neither did Brett or I. I was hoping Brett and I would have one of the queen size bed and the kids have the other but they had a different idea in mind. Eventually after kids pushing us out of bed I slept with Daisy and Clark slept with Brett. It was an eventfully sleepless night.
We had a nice big breakfast in the morning and was ready to drive the rest of the way to Provo Utah.
(I don't have time or the motivation to write what happened the rest of the trip so I am copying and pasting from my mom's account. Hopefully that is okay! :) )
(I don't have time or the motivation to write what happened the rest of the trip so I am copying and pasting from my mom's account. Hopefully that is okay! :) )
2 comments:
oh, your hotel experience sounds like ours at Yellowstone...not fun to stay in the same room as kids!
I'm glad you guys were able to come...it was so fun having you there. Every time Spencer sees a picture of Clark he says, that's my friend!
I was thinking about sending a link to A-A's blog too!! Isn't writing about the reunion so intimidating and overwhelming? It needs to be done though! Can't wait for future posts!
Post a Comment