On Easter Sunday was my mom's birthday. After the second session of Conference we gathered at their house for dinner and cake. I made Hawaiian Chicken and Julia made the rolls and yummy carrot cake. Emily prepared the green salad. My mom hid some candy for Clark and Daisy to find. They loved finding their treats around the living room.
The day before Easter was Saturday which was also Conference. Between the two sessions I took the kids over to Grandma and Grandpa Cauldle's house for an Easter egg hunt. They didn't really understand what was going on at first and didn't know what to do with the plastic eggs on the ground but they soon got the hang of it and enjoyed eating the candy.
This past week has been eventful. Brett went into an job interview for teacher aid sub. The school district really needs extra Spanish speaker aids so they were excited for Brett to join their staff. One early evening as I was getting ready to go to Erica Peacock's Bridal Shower (I thought her in YWs) Clark was jumping on our bed and fell off. He hit the corner of our keyboard/piano. He got a big gash and bleed a lot. After cleaning him up the ignorant mom I am, I didn't take him in the doctors that night since I knew I would be seeing the doctor first thing in the morning for Daisy's 18 month well checkup. Well, the next day the doctor said it would have been good for him to receive stitches last night but its too late now but the wound is healing well and he will just have a scare. Clark was tramatise by the amount of blood he lossed but that didn't stop him from jumping on the bed later that evening!
A sister whom I didn't know very well in the ward passed away earlier in the week. Saturday was her funeral. I helped setup, serve, and clean up. It was an exhausting day for me. I wanted to take the kids to the park when I got home since it was such a nice day but I couldn't get myself off the couch. Instead we played memory, basketball, and read books. I brought home some cupcakes that were leftover from the funeral. I put lit candles in them and sang "Happy Birthday" to Clark and Daisy. They really LIKE that and asked to do it again once they were done eating their cupcakes. I let them blow out another candle without the cupcake.
Daisy is offically in nursery! Finally!! I love my little girl but she was getting to hard to entertain during Sunday School and Relief Society. Clark took her hand and escorted her into their class together. It was too cute!
Last night I attended a going away party for my friend Hannah Saunders and her family. We have been visiting teaching companions for about three years now and even ran every morning for about two months then had to stop because she got a new job. I will miss her! She is so kind, thoughtful and funny! Her husband, Darwin was the Elder's Quorum President at one time and Brett was his counselor. They are moving to Caldwell Idaho. Good luck Saunder Family!!!
Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Caudle's House
3 comments:
Ouch! Sorry, Clark, about your accident. So fun to see the fun pictures of Easter.Is it possible Daisy is already in Nursery!
Poor Clark! I can't even imagine what I would do if that happened to Evelyn.....probably freak out!!!
And congrats to Brett on the job opportunity!
what a great write-up! Conference was great! Yes, girls dig scars! I probably would have done the same thing. Although, it might not last forever. Try adding some Vitamin E oil to help the scar fad...sounds like you guys had a great Easter. You've been busy, Viv! You're so good to always serve. And you look great...your workouts and running are paying off!!! So glad for you that Daisy is in Nursery and that her and Clark can go together. That makes it nice. And good job to Brett on the job!
Post a Comment