This past week has been Brett's spring break. We have enjoyed the afternoons together as a family since he still is working in the mornings. We went to the park everyday sometimes twice a day when the weather was really nice. Clark was in heaven and ask for the swing and slide first thing every morning. That boy loves playing outside!
Clark has been begging me to ride the train since the last time I took the kids a month ago. Since Brett had Thursdays off from work I decided it was a perfect time to take him while Brett stayed home with Daisy. We drove to the train station since it was rainy otherwise we would have walked the two blocks. :) Right before we bought the ticket, a guy came up to us and asked if we would buy his all day pass for 50 cents. Good thing I had the right amount of change with me. I saved $1.50, wahoo! I love it when I save money even if its a $1.50! Clark couldn't sit still waiting for the train to arrive. Finally, the train arrived and Clark jumped on the train. The whole train ride he said, "Chocoo!" "Thomas the train" "All aboard"! He loved every minute of it and didn't want to get off when we came to the end of the line. We walked to the mall and looked at the fish in the fish pond and played at the inside playground. Clark has so much energy its hard for me to keep up with him! He didn't mind waiting on the train for 15 minutes before it left again to go home. I am happy I was able to take Clark on a little trip with just the two of us. On the way home out of no where he gave me a kiss on the cheek and put his head on my arm. He is such a sweet boy, loves life, and his trains.
Poor Daisy, she hasn't been feeling well. She had a fever for about two days, a constant runny nose, and a terrible cough. She sounds like a seal. But there is nothing the doctors can do right now. Thankful she is feeling a little better and doesn't have that blank stare she had when she was really sick. On a happy note, lately she been coloring a lot. Its probably because she sees her older brother color all the time. I set up a color station with paper and crayons that they can get into whenever they want. Daisy is a great helper when it comes to laundry. One of Clark's chores is to put his clean clothes in his drawers. So when she sees this happening she insist she helps as well. She often takes the clothes out of the dirty basket and puts them into random drawers throughout the house, mostly in Clark's drawers. Funny girl!
This week, Brett received a phone call from the Portland Public Schools. They want to interview him for substitute aid position. He is really excited because this is what he wants to do, be a teacher and something like this will give him the experience he needs and get his foot in the door. I am excited for him to be home on Saturdays and not working! Speaking of Brett, he is starting his last term of school this coming week! He did excellent in his last term which was extremely difficult.
The Lord has blessed us so much. Things are coming together and things will always workout for the best. I am grateful I have the gospel in my life. It has brought so much peace and happiness. I am excited to watch General Conference this weekend and hear our dear prophet, President Monson speak.
2 comments:
I love the train story. He is such a cute boy!! LOVE the pigtails on Daisy. I'm hoping some day I can do that to Evelyn......and congrats to Brett on the interview. We are praying for you guys
I LOVED DAISEY'S HAIR with the pigtails!!! YAY!!
Post a Comment