This week Brett finished up his winter term. They were all 300-400 level classes but he did well and glad its over. He will be starting his last term of school in April and then will GRADUATE with his Bachelors. He would like to teach Spanish in a middle or high school.
Speaking of Spanish, Clark is saying more words in Spanish now. He can count one to ten in Spanish, and some food items like apple and juice. Brett doesn't speak Spanish to Daisy but she has picked up some of the Spanish words just by hearing Brett speak to Clark.
Some of Daisy's favorite words are "funny" "happy" "Obama" ( I honestly don't know how or where she learned that because we are not fans of him :) ).
Clark speech pathologist, Hannah has been making stories for Clark to "read". They are really just pictures of words but it is helping him connect words together and say sentences. One phrase in one of the book says, "My critter is on the table". The other day, I asked Clark to say the blessing on the food. This is his prayer. "Heavenly Father, daddy, mommy, Daisy, train, (and then he proceeds to recite the line from his book) 'My critter is on the table.' Amen. " I had to hold in my laughter, it was so funny!
The weather has been so nice that we have been taking many walks sometimes twice a day! The other day I took the kids on a walk. I told them they could each bring one toy. Daisy picks out a train and Clark takes a doll. I am glad they can enjoy playing with variety of toys! :) Yesterday, we walked to the elementary school to play on the playground. Some young boys were having a garage sale and no one was buying their toys so they were very excited when we bought something. They had a large standing basketball hoop for only two dollars. Clark and Daisy both LOVE basketball so I knew I had to buy it. The best part was that they delivered it to our house!
I am so grateful for my friend who gave me her double jogger stroller. It has been a life saver! Now Clark can sit in the stroller and not have to walk which takes a much longer time.
I have been enjoying getting together with some sisters in my ward for "Social Group". We have met at the church gym, parks and Children Museum. This helps break up the week for me since Brett is gone a lot with school and work.
Lately I have been blog hopping meaning I find new blogs and from there I find new ones and you can spend hours and hours looking at so many talented people's blog and I am amaze they have the time to do all these things! Its mostly craft and children's' crafts that I browse through.
Because of them and my sister Stephanie they have inspired me to do of them. I made a shape felt board. I stapled a piece of felt on some cardboard. Then I cut out shapes out of felt. Done!
I also made alphabet fishing. I cut out the letters from A-F on poster board. I glued magnets to them too. I went to Home Depot and bought a wooden dowel that they cut in half for me. I also bought two metal washers. The wooden dowels were the fishing pool. I cut the yarn and use it as the string and attached it to the washers so they would attached to the letters. I don't have a napkin holder so the napkins sit on the table then they find their way to the floor or get ripped up. So I took our empty chocolate mix box and folded the sides down. I then wrapped it in a cute wrapping paper and ta-da! We have a napkin holder! I know, nothing fancy but I was proud that I did something craft in 2 minutes! :)
I really like to decorate our house and make it cute but we are lacking the funds so when I found a really good deal or cheap idea on home decorations I jump right on it. Brett has a different taste on how a home should be decorated and maybe thats because his mom admits she is not a decorator and didn't decorate their house much but I remember my mom had decorations for every holiday and I always enjoyed that!
Brett continues to enjoy being the Young Men's president and I am happy I can work in the Relief Society as the 2nd Counselor.
CHILDREN MUSEUM
4 comments:
Clark's hillarious! Already rebelling against his parent's politics, too. We need to get Dorothy a basketball hoop too, that sounds like a good idea.
--DL
Your stories were so cute! I love the prayer story! And good for you for making those crafts! They sound really cute and easy...maybe even I COULD do them?! Congrats on almost being done with school...we really need to chat sometime!
um, I think my comment got deleted but I have to say I'm in love with that story about Clark and praying for trucks! So funny! And I really wish I could see the crafts you made.....pictures? You have inspired me. LOVE YA
Makes me want to come take Clark on a train ride! Melted my heart about him giving you a kiss on putting his head on your shoulder. What a good Mommy! Very clever idea about your napkin holder. Fun to hear about your craft projects. Well done.
Post a Comment