Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  What I love most about Easter, is the time we can celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. My heart is full of joy and gratitude as I think of what Christ did for me, and for all mankind.  I rejoice that I can be made whole again, as well as be with my family forever. I am in awe that Jesus Christ as a perfect person that did no wrong would suffer and die for MY SINS. Without Him, I am nothing and with Him I can be everything.  Because Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind, it's possible for each of us to live again with God! This is my testimony and I know it to be true.   

We started a tradition last year to go to the Portland Temple and Visitor center on Easter Sunday.  I hope, no matter where we live, we will always be able to carry on this tradition.  It really helps to keep the Spirit of Easter in our hearts.  I love the peace of walking on temple grounds.  I love taking my children there and talking about the importance and scarceness of the temple. They love it too and they can't wait until they can go inside someday.    













After the sweet experience with my children at the temple, we drove over to Ondalynn's house in Vancouver for dinner.  Bryan (Meredith's husband) surprised us and joined us for dinner.  He's doing an medical internship at a hospital in Washington for the month so he's been leaving at a friends' house during his internship period.  I was in charge of making potatoes for dinner.  I was planning on using the oven to make my potato dish but forgotten that the oven would be used for rolls and ham so Gary and Bryan volunteered to make mashed potatoes instead.  They each took a bag of potatoes and made it into an competition of who could make the better mashed potatoes.  I think in the end, Gary won....I was just glad that I was off the hook in making something.  Sydney is so good at conducting fun activities for the kids.  She and Julia put on a Easter egg hunt in their backyard.  They kids loved getting more candy! My dad and Gary gave a good lesson on the meaning of Easter.  They taught from the scriptures and then we watched a few Easter videos that the church put out.














2 comments:

Julia said...

This is such a cute picture!!!!

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

I loved reading about your Easter tradition to the temple. Such beautiful pictures of all of you. I especially loved the one with you and your girls. They will always remember that time at Easter. What a blessing to them to have those wonderful teachings instilled in their hearts at an early age.

It was so fun to be with you that evening for dinner and FHE. We love living close to you and your beautiful family!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...