This is the story of my life. I hate to go grocery shopping. The only time I do like it, is if I go without my kids than it feels like vacation! So often my refrigerator ends up looking like this. When we're down to just condiments, than I REALLY have to go grocery shopping and I can't delay any longer. The main reason why I don't like grocery shopping is because I feel like I need to make out a menu plan of meals for the next week or so and putting that together is so daunting! Any suggestions? How do you plan out meals/shopping list so it's not overwhelming?
4 comments:
Well Cavan and I are trying to do more things together, so lately I have been having him plan them with me. Then we make a date of it and go grocery shopping at freddys and drop the kids off at the playland. Just a suggestion... Or dont plan a menu, and buy just whats in season and make it up as you go. That is what I have done when I get produce from a farm. I look at what Ithen google ideas and whip something together real quick.
Hahaha! My fridge looks like that sometimes. I hate grocery shopping and even more with my kids. Although, last time we went, it was a good experience! Instead of planning a couple weeks, plan a month...although that is daunting, it is not as often...
When we are running low on staples that work for a lot of meals, like tomato sauce or corn tortillas or onions or spices, it automatically goes on my shopping list. When we're craving a certain meal, those ingredients go on my shopping list, too. Then I go to the store and buy those things plus anything on sale/healthy/in season that I think I could use and I go home and make the menu based on how I can make everything work together, including things that need to get used up in our fridge/freezer.
Oh, my! Get to the grocery quick. :)
It's a good thing you're such a good, and healthy cook, your kids are so lucky! Love you!
Post a Comment