Sunday, January 5, 2014

Keep Dad Alive until he is 65!

My dad turned 65 on Dec.30th. I remembered way back in the day when I was really young girl, we (mostly my parents) made a family slogan to all be worth and clean so we all could go in the temple. The slogan was, "Be worth and clean in 2013" about the time Emily( the youngest sibling) would be old enough to go on a mission.  Well, us kids figured out that dad would be 65 in 2013 so we made up our own slogan, ."Keep Dad alive until he is 65". Well, we fulfilled both slogans! :)

Seth put together the best gift anyone could give.  A few weeks ago, he sent out an e-mail to friends and family of my dad and asked them to respond to the question, "How has Crismon Lewis touched your life".  Immediately, responses flooded in from all across the world such as his mission president and friends from his childhood years ago.  My dad was very touched and overwhelmed by the responses.  I think it was about 147 responses which took up about 47 pages!  Thanks to Seth who put it all together and my mom who obtained most of the e-mails and pictures that went along with it.

I want to wish my Dad a very happy happy birthday!  I love him more than words can describe.  When I got the e-mail from Seth about this, I remember sitting at the computer and staring at my blank response.  How do I write just ONE way of how my dad has touched my life.  When has he hadn't?!  My dad is.....my dad is the kind of dad that everyone wishes they had. I will always remember him telling me and my siblings Book of Mormon stories when he would tuck us into bed at night. He had a way of telling them that the scriptures came alive for me! Then in the early early morning, too early to be even up, we would have family scripture study and he would ask the most thought provoking question to help you understand the scriptures and gospel on a whole new level. When I think of my dad, I think of the Savior.  He has dedicated his life in the service of God.  Everything he does and says is to build the kingdom of God.  My testimony of Jesus Christ all started from my dad's unwavering testimony.  I love you Dad!






Only ONE candle on the apple crisp because who can really blow out 65 candles? Plus, who really has that many candles.

Dad get's his beloved case of homemade canned peaches from Alice-Anne

3 comments:

Julia said...

Great post Viv! Loved all the pictures of the day. I can just hear Dad's expression of seeing that picture of him opening up the peaches. He sure does love his peaches!! :)

Serving the Lord said...

Thanks, sweet Viv, for your kind remembrances and remarks. It's easy being the "model dad" when you have good kids...the only thing I ever wanted, remember? :) So you're dad, like any father, is only as good as his kids. So if I merit any praise, it's back-atcha for being such a wonderful child. And you always were and always will be. Love you, sweet Viv!

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Sweet Vivi, this is a very wonderful tribute to Dad. You have brought us so much joy. Being a parent to you and all your siblings has been such a blessing to Dad and me. Thanks for being good!

Much love,
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...