Saturday was Daisy's FIRST day of BALLET. She was so so so excited for this day to finally come. We got to the class a little late but Daisy quickly joined them as soon as I put on the tutu I made for her. She was doing just fine but when the teacher had the kids do individual turns, she quickly got afraid and wouldn't do anything. She would tuck her head in and come running to me. I would comfort and encourage her and quietly she would go join the rest of the group but often would come back again. Hopefully, she will start to feel more comfortable and dance like she does at home.
Also that Saturday, Daisy was invited to her friend's birthday party at the community center. They played games, opened presents, and ate cake. The best part was going swimming there. Daisy stayed in the shallow end. I tried to encourage her to go through the lazy river or the slide but she would stiff up her body and wouldn't budge. I knew she would like it if only she would try it once. So finally, I pulled the pool noodle she was using and pulled her through to the lazy river. She loved it and asked to go through it over and over again. After going through the lazy river several times, she feel comfortable enough to go by herself without me holding on to her. I tried to convince her to go down the big slide but she refused every time. Again, I picked her up and carried her to the top of the slide. Guess what? She LOVED IT! We spent the next 20 minutes going down the slide over and over again. When we were done swimming, I told her how much fun she would have missed if she didn't do those things she was scared of. I enjoyed spending time with just Daisy and I swimming.
Later that Saturday, Clark and Daisy went out on their FIRST "date" with Eva and Elijah. Eva and Elijah both earned enough stickers to get a prize and they choose to go to Burgerville for milkshakes. Eva invited Clark and Elijah invited Daisy. Of course, Maren, their mom and I were there to chaperone. :) After drinking their milk shakes, they colored pictures for the coloring contest held at Burgerville.
After their date, Brett and I packed the kids in the car to go buy our FIRST and LAST vacuum. Okay, we have bought tons of vacuums in the past but they never lasted very long. I found a refurbished year old Kirby vacuum for only $300 with ALL the attachments on Craigslist. These vacuums usually cost around $3000 so I was pretty stoked about getting this great deal. Yay, for never having to buy another vacuum ever again!















No comments:
Post a Comment