Saturday-Brett and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple with our ward. We had a chapel session prior to the endowment session. One of the temple presidency spoke to us at the chapel session and then a counselor in our bishopric spoke. I LOVE being at the temple! It was a beautiful day and the flowers at the temple were especially pretty.
Easter Sunday- The talks and songs at church were done beautifully. After church we had lunch and shorts naps and then headed to the temple. As we drove to the temple, we discuss the Resurrection and how important it was that it happened. We went into the visitor center and walked around and the kids enjoyed watching videos of the apostles and prophet bear their testimony. We then walked around the temple grounds and enjoyed the beautiful flowers and the Spirit there on the temple grounds. Later that afternoon, we had a yummy dinner at the church with the Caudle family. Afterwards, I put together a short Easter program. I asked Dave and Diane to bear their testimony and then we had the older kids take the younger kids and play with them in the nursery so we could have an Easter scripture discussion done by Kirk. Following the program, we went to my parents' house for a quick visit. It was a long but a very happy day!




























2 comments:
Loved the pics......Daisy's curly hair adorable! You guys do such a good job about teaching your kids. Loved that you went to the temple, what a perfect idea for Easter!
Loved all these pictures...your kids are adorable! I love all the ideas you had for Easter. Your Easter Sunday sounded so perfect with a trip to the temple and family time talking about the Gospel. Wow..that's awesome. What were you making in the first few pictures? Looked cool.
Post a Comment