Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Color Run 5k

At the beginning of this year some of my goals was to at least write on this blog once a month so I wouldn't get too behind.  I think I have missed one month so far of not writing.  I have to do better!  Another goal of mine was to train to run in a race of some kind.  Back in April I found a race that was going to be held in Portland.  It was the Color Run and it was a 5k which was 3.1 miles so it wasn't long at all.  At the time I could hardly run a mile so I started running and increase my distance little by little. By the time the date of the race came I was able to run 4 miles! 

Yesterday (9/28) was the day of the race.  Kyle and Emily Caudle ( my brother and sister in law) joined me for the race.  We rode the MAX to Portland Internation Raceway.  I am so happy Brett and Clark and Daisy supported me at the race.  Clark and Daisy know I have been running and working hard for this goal so they were excited to see me actually accomplish my goal. 

This 5k is a really unique race.  There are 5 stations throughout the running course where they throw color chalk paint on you so by the time you are done running you are covered in multiple colors.  Most everyone was there for the fun of getting colored but I was there just to run and complete my goal so I avoided the color chalk being thrown at me. 

Now its time to prepare to run a 10k!  Anyone know of one going on here? 



Waiting to board the MAX

We are fierce runners-watch out!

Runners at the race.  If you look closely you can see the cloud of paint.


Clark and Daisy were great cheerleaders!
Finished the race!



5 comments:

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! So proud of you!

Meredith Williams said...

WOOHOO!! Go viv! What a fun race to run in and to have your kids watch you, I'm sure made it even more fun!

Alice-Anne said...

Viv, you are so stinkin awesome! way to make your GOAL all these months later. You look great, too!

JTCaudle said...

I love that Daisy and Clark were there to root you on! Good job Viv!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

It was so fun to see you there!! Good Job setting goals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...