Wednesdays June 6th was the Junior Rose Parade. It's a parade dedicated to only kid participates along with adult supervisors. A lot of middle and elementary school kids walk in the parade along with many dance groups, cheer clubs, karate classes and other kids clubs. Brett was planning on walking in the parade with his elementary class that he works in but at the last minute he needed to stay at the school. The kids and I drove to the MAX station where we caught a train to downtown Portland and walked a half a mile to the middle of the parade and found a place to sit. Channel 12 news covered the parade and we sat right next to the crew. A few times the camera scanned the area we were sitting in. The kids loved watching the bands, clowns, and kid groups go by. Daisy especially loved the little girl cheerleaders and dance teams. Every time they came by she said she wanted to do that. She even danced and cheered with them. It was really cute and we definitely need to put her into one of those activities. It was an hour into the parade and the kids were getting restless. I wanted to stay until Brett's school, Sabin Elementary came by. Thankfully they came by shortly after the kids asked to go home. We left even though the parade was still going on. It was nice to by past all the crowds. I love spending time with my kids and be part of their excitement.
*Aside note: When we arrived at the MAX station the train had just left so we had to wait about 15 minutes for the next one. During the time, Dave my father in law called and asked if he can come and pick up Kaeley and watch her while I took the kids. When he got to the station in the process of exchanging car seats the train we were waiting for came and we missed it again! The kids were pretty disappointed we missed the train TWO times but it all worked out in the end because we didn't have to sit and wait for the parade to start.
 |
| Daisy very excited about the train ride to the parade |
 |
| A typical pose for Clark when I take his picture. |
 |
| Waiting for the parade to start. |
 |
| Dancing Daisy! |
 |
| Loves to copy the moves of the cheerleaders and drill teams. |
 |
| Pointed to every cheer squad and begged me to let her join one. |
 |
| Part of the school class that Brett's works in. Too bad he wasn't in it. |
4 comments:
What a fun day! I can totally see Daisy dancing or cheering!
I used to dance in that when I was in studio dance. It was always fun! I can totally see daisy being in dance and wearing cute tutus! Then Kelsey and daisy can be in dance together! And maybe Lucy too! :D
Your kids are so cute! I think that you are a super brave and nice mom to take them to enjoy a parade in Portland! You are so much fun. If I was still a kid I would want you as a mom!
Thanks Corrine! You are so nice!
Post a Comment