Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Clark!

I cannot believe my little baby is 5 years old!!  Can I really be old enough to even have a 5 year old?  He is going to school next fall.  I don't think I am ready for this.  I wish I could just keep him young, innocent and sheltered from the world.  If only I could, but I know I can't.  Clark is such a joy!  He loves life and has the best laugh.  Right now he is really interested in learning how to read.  He always asks me what letter starts with such and such word.  He even tries to sound out words.  Clark wants to know about everything.  All day he asks what certain things means or what a sign says.  I am glad he is curious.

I took him to the bakery and he picked out a Thomas the Train cake.  He was frustrated at first that we couldn't take home the cake right then.  I tried to explain that the bakers are going to make the cake and it takes time.  So the rest of the day he kept on asking if his cake was done.  It was well worth the wait because he had an amazing train cake.  We had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Lewis and invited the Vances to come over too.  Clark loved having his cousins over to celebrate his birthday.  They gave him the coolest space puzzle that he puts together often.  Grandma and Grandpa gave him a $2 bill with lots of candy.  Thank you everyone for making this day special for him!

Here are 20 questions that I asked Clark.  I hope to keep this tradition and see how they grow and their interests change.


1. Favorite color......My favorite color is orange and red.
2. Favorite toy.......Train
3. Favorite fruit.....Strawberries, fruit, pears, and pineapples
4. Favorite show....Blues Clues, Thomas the Train, and Caliou
5. Favorite thing to eat for lunch......Carrots and Cookies (he doesn't get cookies for lunch by the way)
5. Favorite outfit.....Blazers
6. Favorite game....Memory, Angry Birds, and Mario
7. Favorite snack....Broccoli (i don't think this is true since he will never eat this when I put it on his plate)
8. Favorite animal....Monkeys and Tigers
9. Favorite song....I love to see the temple
10. Favorite book.....Trains
11 Best friend....Mom (i didn't even prompt him for this answer)
12. Favorite drink....Milk and apple juice
13. Favorite holiday....Christmas
14.  What do you like to take to bed with you at nigh.....Trains
15. What is your favorite thing to eat at breakfast....cereal and pancakes
15. What do you want to be when you grow up...Big



3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLARK! i wish i could have been there for his birthday! i loved reading his answers! that is a fantastic tradition! and when he said his best friend was mom....my heart melted alittle! That was so cute!
congratulations for surviving raising three kids so far--and really cute ones too! :)

Corinne Ritz said...

That was SO cute! I love the interview idea! And I love how excited he was to get his cake! Isn't it fun to have an older child who really gets what a birthday is, and can really look forward to it? It is so fun!

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

Clark, you're getting so big! Love how he is so curious with his world, loves his Mom, and treasures Trains! Surely glad we get to see him grow up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...