Sunday, October 17, 2010

Daisy's Head Accident

Yesterday (Saturday) I was at the church practicing for the Primary Program that we would be performing the next day. Brett was home watching the kids and Octavian and Trinity (Kirk and Stephanie's kids) while they were at Austin's football game. During the middle of the practice Stephanie comes in and tell me that Brett has to take Daisy to the hospital because Octavian threw a candy dish at her head. The dish he threw broke and cut the side of her head. Of course my heart skipped a beat when I heard this. I quickly left after I told the Primary President where I was going. Thank goodness I live right around the block from the church. Brett was waiting outside with Daisy. Her shirt had blotches of blood and a lot of her hair was red from it too. Instead of taking her to the hospital we took her to her doctor which was down the street. I knew we would be seen quicker there than the hospital. Within 10 minutes of arriving at the doctor's office we were seen by the doctor. He examined her head. He told us he was going to give her a shot in her head to numb the area while he put stitches in it. They wrapped her in a sheet to keep her from moving during the procedure. The nurse held Daisy's arms still while Brett held her legs. Daisy was SO BRAVE! She didn't cry or wiggle during the whole thing even during the time the doctor gave her a shot in her head. Of course I cried because I could see the pain in Daisy's eyes. I sang her Primary songs and held her little hand during the procedure. After each song she asked in a sweet whisper, "Try again, Mommy, try again". Meaning she wants me to sing again. I am so grateful she is okay and wasn't badly hurt. While we were waiting for the doctor to come in she was dancing and singing so we knew that she would be fine. She got 3 stitches and will have them removed in a week.

Stitches



Singing "belly button" in the doctor's office while we wait for the doctor



5 comments:

Kyle, Emily & Lucy Caudle said...

so stinkin cute!

Meredith Williams said...

POOR GIRL!! I'm glad she is ok. Kids always amaze me....they are so much braver than me!

Alice-Anne said...

Oh my goodness! What a big event for such a little girl.I'm glad she's okay and handled things so well!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute kid, I'm glad she's okay. But now you don't have to worry about a Halloween costume; she can go as Frankenstein with stitches in her head.
--Dallin

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

I am so glad it wasn't worse than it was! What a trooper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...