Sunday, December 27, 2015

Surprise Birthday Party for Diane

A few weeks ago, I was thinking of what I could do for Diane's birthday.  She is always taking care of other people and putting herself last.  I wanted to do something special for her. I contacted the sisters in laws and proposed the idea of having the boys surprise their mom at a restaurant for a birthday dinner.  They thought it was a good idea.  I made arrangements with Dave so he was in on the surprise.  The boys arrived at the restaurant and then shortly later Dave and Diane arrived.  Diane immediately started crying when she saw her boys especially seeing Don since she hasn't seen him in a very long time.  While they were at the restaurant, the grandkids and sister in laws were at their house getting ready to surprise Diane there. When we saw Dave and Diane drive up to the house, we quickly hid behind doors and couches. When Diane came in the door, the kids jumped out and said, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!!" Diane was surprised and was very happy!  She said, she hasn't had a birthday party since she was a little girl.  The boys gathered around the piano and sang songs and did theirs famous annoying game of "Copying Game".  I am so glad it all worked out and Diane was recognize since sometimes her birthday gets forgotten because it's so close to Christmas.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...