Sunday, December 6, 2015

New School Year 2015-2016

It's December and we are well into the routine of school but I wanted to write about new school year for history sake.  

A few days before our neighborhood school was about to start, I get a letter in the main from the school indicating that Clark has been assigned to Mrs. Kristensen's class.  I thought that was strange since I was planning on homeschooling him again this year.  I thought my letter of homeschool intent was good until I decided to put him back into public school.   I took Clark to the school to make sure he really was enrolled. We learned he was in fact enrolled in school.  I took him down the hall to meet his teacher.  When we walked in the door, she called Clark by his name.  I asked how she knew him already and she said because of his school picture. I talked to Mrs. Kristensen for awhile and was very impressed by her.  Clark and I toured the rest of the school and Clark got really excited about the large size gym, huge library and cafeteria and especially the big open playground.  I asked Clark if he wanted to attend Harrison Park and he immediately said yes! Like any mom, I was sacred and worried for him but overall, I felt good about Clark attending public school. I volunteer in his class Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30-12:30.  I help with reading and science.  I enjoy helping out in the class and especially being with Clark.  I am glad he is not embarrassed to have me in his class.  Sometimes I go with him to recess and lunch after I volunteer in his class. 


Daisy is still attending Portland Arthur Academy. I really love the school and don't want to lose my spot in that school.  Hopefully she can wait one more year until Kaeley starts kindergarten. 

It's been challenging having Clark and Daisy in different schools but I know it's where they are supposed to be.  I really love Clark's teacher! She sets up her classroom in such a way that the kids are calm and pretty well behaved.  She must defused some calming essential oils or something in the air. She is always encouraging the kids to look for ways to be kind to other classmates.  I love the emphases she puts on being kind, respectful and considerate of other people's feelings. 

It has been weird to only have Kaeley home with me all day. She gets bored with me and misses her siblings especially Daisy.  They have become good friends! 

Kaeley and I made cookies for the kids' first day of school afternoon snack

Daisy-1st Grade-Portland Arthur Academy-Ms.Ragsdale

Clark-3rd grade-Harrison Park-Mrs.Kristensen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...