Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lewis Family Reunion

Where to start on this fantastic reunion?!  I am so grateful I have such a wonderful family.  I enjoyed being with them and I can't wait to do it again in two years.

I am better at doing highlights instead of writing elaborate description of each day like my other talented sisters.  :)  Plus its not as overwhelming.

* Left Wednesday late afternoon and drove through the night and arrived Thursday morning at Bear Lake.
* The kids played wtih cousins while Brett and I got some much needed sleep. 
* Later Thursday Brett and I ran 2 miles hoping to do more but it was much TOO HOT and the elvation was much higher than in Portland.
* Played yard games
* Many trips to the Lake
* Talented show-Clark named the planets and fact about each one.  Brett played his guitar and Daisy danced and Kaeley rocked back and forth.
* Game night
* Cousin Birthday-Meredith had a great idea to do a birthday book exchange among the cousins.  Each cousin was assign to give a book to another cousin. It was hit with all of them.  We then had cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday to everyone.
* Family Home Videos- Thanks to Alice-Anne who converted all the VHS into DVDs!
*Family Picture-It took awhile to get everyone together and situated but the picture turned out really nice.  The funnest was watching the grandparents and grandkids picture.  Gary J and Gary V and Dallin were hilarious to watch as they tried to make the kids smile for the camera. 
* Grandma Lewis gave presents to all the grandkids.  Each got a book with a special note inside. 
* Smith Family-Since the reunion was in Utah and we were staying in Uncle Roger's beach house a good portion of the Smith Family came and joined us for Sunday dinner.  I loved seeing them again. 
* We left Sunday night and headed back home and arrived early Monday morning.
* It was a great vacation!

























2 comments:

Cardon Times said...

Super fun! What a great thing family reunions are. Sure wish you were back in the ward.

Crismon and Vivienne Lewis said...

What a great rewrite up about our reunion. It was the best to have us all together under one roof!

Love,
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...