I am so addicted to
Pinterest! Its the coolest thing ever. Its a place where people share ideas of every short. I have found so many good activities to do with my kids, recipes to try, and great organizational tips for my home. There are so many other ideas to find but those are the ones I search for the most. This is one activity I found that I actually did with my kids. They loved it and played with it for hours and days after that. I can't wait to try the rest of them on my list. The activity is called
Rainbow Rice. This is how you do it.
 |
| Add 3 TBS of rubbing rubbing alcohol, few drops of food coloring and 3-4 cups of rice in a Ziploc bag. Mix it around so all the rice is coated and then set it out to dry. It dries fairly quickly especially if its hot outside. |
 |
| Mix the colors in a sensory table or a large container. Add toys and have fun! |
 |
| After playing with the rice my kids use the container as a boat. Clark is wearing my hat and Daisy is wearing a strainer. |
 |
| I love seeing them explore and make believe. |
 |
| I thought the colors turned out really nicely when they were blended together. |
2 comments:
I love Pinterest!! I am also very addicted! I love that you did this activity! Good job Viv! Looks like the kids really enjoyed it. Way to be an awesome mommy!
Another friend just blogged about being addicted to Pinterest...I'll have to check it out...I need a new addiction. :) That rainbow rice looks so cool. I need to do that with my kids. And can I just say DAISY looks just like you did when you were that age!!
Post a Comment