I came to the computer to look at more coupons on the Internet and start planning my new savings. Another good friend of mine told me of all the great savings she is getting by clipping coupons and printing them off the Internet. So I decided to do that and I have saved bundles! The last two weeks I have probably saved over $50! I have gotten lots of stuff free just by doubling the coupons on sale items. For instance I got REACH toothbrushes, 3 hand lotions, shower cleaner, and so many other items. Its a habit of mine now to see how much I can save.
Last month on Mother's Day I spoke in church. I have spoken on Mother's Day four times now, twice in this ward. Brett will be speaking on Father's Day this week. Not only did I speak on Mother's Day but I was also released as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society and called as the Primary Chorister. I know what you are thinking, why did they call someone who can't sing?Well, those were my thoughts exactly. They said the children don't care if I can sing or not. Hopefully the other teachers in the Primary feel the same way. :) I am enjoying my calling and learning a lot. This Sunday being Father's Day the children are singing three songs. It's my first time directing the Primary since I have been called. I am really nervous because the last two weeks we haven't met for Primary because last Sunday was Stake Conference and the week before that was a special Sunday we had in our ward which I will explain later. So hopefully the children REMEMBER what I taught them.
I am so happy Brett finished his finals last week and has graduated. Well, he hasn't gotten his diploma yet but sometime soon. He enjoys working in the elementary, middle, and high schools around this area with the special education students. The plan is to work on call for summer school and maybe with his dad on swimming pools.
Since Brett has been done with school we have enjoyed some family days. We have gone to a water park, walked around the mall and played in the kids' play area. One time we went to Brett's school to turn in his final and stayed on campus for awhile. We went to the library and checked out a key for a family room. Inside the family room were two computers and a play area for the kids. It was great! Brett and I got to do somethings on the computer while the kids played and didn't have to worry about keeping them quiet or running away.
Last month was the Father and Son cam pout. This is the first year Brett took Clark. They had so much fun; especially Clark. He played with his other little buddies there. Daisy and I had a fun Girls Night while they were gone. We danced and played dolls.
A few weeks ago all of Brett's brothers were in town. We got together with them multiple times and played lots of games and mostly hung out. I am so grateful to have good family around. The wives of the brothers got together for a girls night. We had fondue. It was yummy!! We even shared some of it with our husbands. I love my sister in laws! Speaking of sister in laws, Emily (Kyle's wife) is pregnant and due July 17th and Jenny (Trent's wife) is due in December! Speaking of people being pregnant....no I am not pregnant! My sister Ondalynn is due in November and my sister in law Janelle (my brother, Dallin's wife) is having TWINS in November too. EXCITING TIMES!! Lots of new cousins this year! :)
Well my kids are awake and hungry so I will post pictures later. Until then, thanks for reading this very long post.
3 comments:
Primary Chorister--Viv, you'd be GREAT!!! It sounds like life is going well! Thanks for the update!
Jenilee
You've spoken on Mother's Day 4 times? That's amazing! ha ha
I love reading your updates! Congrats to Brett on graduating
Hi, sorry to blog stalk you, but I saw on another blog you left a comment that said you were the new Primary chorister. I have a great giveaway going on right now on my blog for a Picture Presenter that is designed just for Primary Choristers. Just thought I would give you a heads up, in case your interested in entering to win.!
www.TheDressUpDrawer.blogspot.com
Thanks, Jaime
Post a Comment