Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Week to Remember!

What an eventful week we had! It started out with going to OMSI. A friend had a family pass and she was kind enough to let us go along with her. I haven't been there since they created the children's area. We had so much fun as a family. Clark absolutely loved it! He was in heaven as he went from one area to another. I hope to take him back there again to feed his curiosity.
Then on Thursday the weather was beautiful and we took advantage of it and went to a near by school to play on their playground. We weren't there long when the weather quickly changed to bitter cold and windy.
Friday morning we went to the local community center. Every Mon, Wed, and Friday they set up an indoor gym for young children. There are balls, cars, mini trampolines, slides, tumbling mats and all sorts of things for them to play with. We then met up with Brett's family at a restaurant to see his uncle and aunt who were visiting from Utah.
Saturday, I took Clark to see his cousin Austin's basketball game. Clark had a hard time sitting still as he wanted to be part of the team and run and shoot the ball. Later that morning we took advantage of a free swim day at the same community center. They reopened the swimming pool area after remodeling it. Clark loves swimming and I am excited about his free week of swimming lessons next week. It pays to pay attention to the free stuff that goes on around the community! As soon as we got home from swimming I took the kids and went with my sisters in law to Sonic restaurant for their yummy food and drinks. Its about a 1/2 hour drive but we wanted to spend some time together before Jenny and Trent leave for Ohio this summer. It was so much fun to talk and the kids slept most of the way.
Today (Sunday) we are going over to Brett's parent's house to celebrate Brittany's birthday. She and Don are up from Washington this week. Later, we are going over to Kirk and Stephanie's house for dinner. We invited a new family in our ward with young children about the same ages as ours as well. It should be fun. I was unexpectedly called as the Relief Society Secretary today. I say this because I was never officially asked before they sustain me at church. Its pretty funny :)

OMSI FUN!













WALK to the PARK
INDOOR GYM








SWIMMING!!!





3 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

How fun! I can't believe how big Daisy is getting. It will be fun to see you guys in the summer

Holly and Kevin said...

I've been wanting to go to the children's area in OMSI. We should go some time. It looks great. We decided to skip swimming Saturday because I thought it would be super crowded. I missed the free swimming lessons. Sounds like fun!

Jenny said...

I just got called as the relief society secretary in my ward too! I haven't been to OMSI in forever, it looks like you guys had fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...